Today’s Daily Light
Continuing…summary thoughts from…The Search For Significance, by R. McGee
Learning to Walk in Our New Nature
Christ realized that we could never live the Christian life in our own effort. Our bondage to our old nature and our unrenewed mind hinder us from understanding and applying God’s truth. It is the role and job of the Holy Spirit, as our Helper, to enable us to understand and apply biblical truth. Depend on Him, not on your own abilities, to do this:
- He will teach you all things and help you to remember what Christ said. (John 14:26)
- He will guide you into all truth. (John 16:13)
- He will show you what things are from God, teaching you by combining spiritual thoughts with Scripture. (1 Corinthians 2:11-13)
The Holy Spirit uses Scripture for four purposes in the believer’s life:
- Teaching: imparting knowledge of the truth.
- Reproof: revealing areas in your life where you fall short of the truth.
- Correction: getting you back on track.
- Training in righteousness: helping you apply truth in the ‘nitty-gritty” of your life: your finances, your schedule, your relationships.
This morning I pray… Father…I pray that we will increasingly sense your Spirit working inside us…that we will recognize the wind of Your presence in the sails of our heart and mind. Oh…to be in tandem and in-tune with You…to make Your presence in our heart and mind the single most thing we seek for each moment of each day. ‘So that’ we will go-out and share your love and light with the people who are lost in darkness. Amen